Thursday, July 29, 2010

Baby Food

When I first found out I was pregnant, my friend gave me the book Cooking for Baby. I perused through it, dreaming about all the wholesome, natural foods I would be making my baby. Then our babe started eating solids, and somehow I just didn't have the energy to even think about making food for her, so we went with store bought. After filling a drawer and several counters with glass baby jars, I said "enough!", and pulled the book out. And I'm so glad I did! The food is so much better (or at least it tastes better to me, more like "real food", because it is), and ridiculously easier than I thought it would be. Most of the foods in the book call for steaming the fruit/veggies, so I just pulled out my wok & bamboo steamer, chopped up a bunch of stuff, and voila! In a day I had 2 weeks worth of food!

In the photo from left to right is: zucchini, yellow nectarine, white nectarine, pear, white peaches, yellow peaches and plum. I have since made more pear, peas and green beans with mint. The babe has loved all that she's tried so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment