Saturday, January 30, 2010

80's Movie Quote Cross-Stitch

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've had this idea in my head for a long time to take quotes from 80's movies that my friend Katy and I watched over and over (and over) again in college and turn them into cross-stitch sampler-type embroidery for her. It's both nostalgic and hilarious. Years have passed, and I've sat on this idea, promising myself, "I'll do it for her birthday next year." Well finally I got my act together, and put together something that actually matches the idea I had in my head. Of course, I had Mike's help: he designed the pictures. I used StitchPoint for the letters. I'm pretty pleased with them. I think I'm going to keep doing these. There's definitely some Breakfast Club lingo coming, and another homage to Lloyd Dobler in the form of a Malibu...

1 comment:

  1. These are just perfect and amazing. Way to go on realizing your vision--isn't that fun??

    ReplyDelete