Saturday, August 1, 2009

Knitting for Baby

With the belly expanding daily, I have been feverishly knitting. I did quite a bit of knitting at Ali's swim meets, which is cool because when I pull these sweaters and such out in the cold months it'll make me think of sitting by the pool in the 105 degree summer, slathered with sunblock, resting my swollen ankles on a cold water bottle. Ah, good times...

First it started with an accident...


After knitting this hat for myself over a year ago only to realize that I am a tight knitter and it didn't fit, I passed it on to a coworker's daughter. She loved it, and then it was accidentally washed. So before I even knew I was pregnant, it was returned to me "just in case".

When I had officially made the announcement, my mom sent me this hat made for me when I was a baby by my grandmother. It was knit flat and then seamed, and it looks like she may have run out of yarn at the very end, and thus the little snow cap on the top, which is completely adorable.


Then my own knitting started in earnest. I scoured my knitting books and Ravelry, and the knitting marathon began with a Placket Sweater, and then a matching hat...


Then I had booties on the brain, so I made these...

Saartje's...

And felted...


Now I'm working on two sweaters simultaneously, a February Baby Sweater, and a Stripey Sweater. In my queue, with yarn a-waiting, are some Leg Warmies.

Um, yeah, so I guess you can tell we're having a girl, right?

2 comments:

  1. yay! a girl! I love those booties, too, but my knitting skills are far too basic. very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't checked your blog in a while! So exciting to see you as a mom-to-be and you're so productive!!! I love everything you've made. Those booties are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete