Thursday, April 3, 2008

My first sweater


I finished my first knitted sweater! And I must say, I'm really proud of it. It was my first knitted piece with shaping and seaming. I made it for my new niece-in-law Paulina Nicole. She was born in March, and hopefully will be big enough to wear the sweater by winter. The pattern I used was called Simple Hooded Cardigan. It was simple enough to follow, but next time I'd like to find a pattern where you don't have to sew it all up in the end. To finish it off, I made some fabric covered buttons.


And because I have a ton of stuff to do, I also made a flannel blanket, a bunny, and a hat. Ah procrastination... I hope she likes it all!

7 comments:

  1. so cute - I'm sure it will look great when it gets a little colder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Sarah -- very impressive for a first sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first sweater - it's beautiful. The covered buttons are such a sweet detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's especially sweet that the hood in the first photo has curled into a heart shape. I really , really like the fabric covered buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so lovely. and so practical for those babes who hate jumpers being pulled over their little heads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! And how sweet and tiny.

    ReplyDelete