Thursday, April 3, 2008

70's Bag



I came across these pictures of this bag I made months ago. I love this bag, I use it all the time. It's my weekend, throw-everything-into-it-and-head-to-the-yard-sales bag. You can't really tell from the photo, but I added pockets to the inside for my phone, keys, etc. My coworker (a fellow seamstress) gave me the pair of wooden posts (see the black balls at the edge of the bag?)and the pattern to make it, both of which she'd held onto since the 1970's. You can't find these posts anywhere (I've checked), which is such a shame, because the posts are what makes this such a great bag. I wonder if you could make them... Anyway, the fabric I used for the outside is from Ikea, and the inside is some random cotton I had in my stash.

11 comments:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Plotter, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://plotter-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bag. Those posts look great. I would have loved to give them a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bag and that fact that something that's been hanging around since the 1970s has been put to good use!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the bag is awesome! love the outside fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!! I think if all of us crafty girls put our heads together we could recreate those posts - don't you think? :) Do the balls on the end detach? Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bag is awesome! It reminds me of some purses my mom had when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez, expensive again. I hadn't seen that great ikea fabric. You've got to stop posting! (Kidding, really!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bag. You done good as always!

    LuJcP

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a fun bag. I thought of dowels and ball caps from Loews might work, and paint the balls with some fun colors. Sell as a kit with the pattern.
    -- Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUPER CUTE! I totally wouldn't have noticed the black posts [in the photo] unless you'd pointed them out. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, do I love this bag! It is a shame they no longer make these posts.

    ReplyDelete