Monday, March 3, 2008

Married Life


I've got to say, being married is pretty cool. I get to say things like "Could I get my husband a soda?" and "Nice to meet you, I'm Ali's stepmom" (instead of the ever-so-cumbersome "Ali's dad's girlfriend", which always sounded to me both temporary and juvenile, and never failed to evoke a raised eyebrow of homewrecker accusation, which didn't apply to us). Plus I get to have a new name, which is very exciting - even though my mother will always call me by my maiden name. AND I get to spend the rest of my life with this guy. Ahh... life is good.

And the wedding (though it sounds a bit weird to call it that) was perfect. I can't even begin to describe how perfect it was. We got in to Edinburgh, which is a completely lovely city, a bit early so we checked in at the Registrar's Office, where everyone knew who we were (we were the only wedding that day), and were so friendly and excited for us. Mike and I had possibly the best lunch ever around the corner at The Grain Store. After that we met up with my parents and sister, got married, and continued our day with a trip up the Royal Mile to the Castle, then for a pint at the Jolly Judge. Perfect.

14 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for this post!! Glad you had an amazing time wifey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - it is nice to be married, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love being married too. My offical married nickname is "wifey for lifey." It has a nice ring to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats, sarah! i'm glad everything was just how you wanted it.

    being married rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations!!! I am so happy for you! I was wondering how things went. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sarah! Congratulations! How exciting to be married in Scotland!!! So happy it all went well -- can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Long time, no blog. And for good reason. Congratulations. That smile of yours in the first photo says it all. I wish you many happy years together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a Scot reading your blog I am so glad that you had a great experience in Edinburgh - definitely a cool place to get married!!

    Congratulations to you and your husband!!

    Did you manage to find a ceilidh for a bit of dancing when you were here???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Sarah ? dot. (Don't know what letter to put in there now). Enjoy Great Britain and your new adjective; married.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congradulations!!! i'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy:) You're such a beautiful old-married-lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!!! As a newly wed myself I can relate. It DOES feel good!

    Also I just wanted to let you know I love BOTH the mix tapes! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to you both !!


    Sara x

    ReplyDelete