Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's official...


I'm a knitter. After buying a couple skeins (right? Is that what they're called?) of super soft alpaca yarn at the Old Sugar Mill (of all places), I looked up a pattern I've been wanting to try, and I already had all the tools. The right sized needles, both circular AND double pointed, AND the cable needle, AND the stitch markers. So far I'm about 2.5" into the 3" ribbed brim, and the yarn is so nice to work with. I was hoping to have it done in time for our trip, but I think I have enough on my plate with packing and getting over this nasty cold and all, so I won't push myself too hard. But we'll see...

4 comments:

  1. Excellent! Yes, they're called skeins and you'll love knitting. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was eyeing that beautiful alpaca yarn when I was at the Sugar Mill a few months ago. At the time I didn't realise the prices were pretty competitive and don't even get me started on the beautiful colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of your yarn! Welcome to the crazy world of knitting!! I can't wait to see your hat finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I'm hoping to start kniiting soon too!

    ReplyDelete