Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bride to Be

That phrase doesn't seem to fit me, but I've heard it a lot lately. Our wedding is in less than 2 weeks (yay!!), but I still don't feel like a "bride". Maybe it's because we're getting married in a registrar's office overseas, and I'm wearing a cable-knit cardigan and slacks. But, I am sticking (accidentally, to be honest) to the tradition of Old, Borrowed and Blue by wearing my great-grandmother's necklace.


Even though I'm not very bride-y, I have wonderful friends both at work and otherwise that threw me both a wedding shower and bachelorette party. The shower was at work, and it was so very nice, Mike and I were very touched. Among our very kind gifts were a hand-crocheted blanket and JoAnn's & Michael's gift cards! I guess we are officially The Crafty People.

The bachelorette party was a veil-and-phallus-free winery crawl through Clarksburg. We stopped at a couple wineries on the way to the Old Sugar Mill, which is, unsurprisingly, an old sugar mill that houses 5 tasting rooms. After purchasing the best zin I have ever had to go with our lunch of cheese, crackers and fruit, we laughed and tasted our way through the whole building. I had no idea that there were such fabulous wines so close to Sacramento! For all you locals, they're having a Port and Chocolate event this coming weekend, and if you like either of those things, I highly reccomend going.

I just love this (appropriately) blurry photo of us all... Thank you so much ladies! I had SO MUCH FUN!!

2 comments:

  1. Belated congratulations on your engagement!! I hope you have a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh. It's all so dreamy and I love that you're happy!

    ReplyDelete