Thursday, December 20, 2007

Now I can breathe...

Can it be possible? Can I be nearly done with my To Do list? I didn't think it could be possible! Not that anything is wrapped, but I'm taking this little finishing line and I'm celebrating.

Whew. Now I can share my most fabulous news... I'm engaged! It was and it wasn't expected. We had decided a while back to get married while we're in Europe in February, and had picked a date and place (Feb 18 in Edinburgh) and started the masses of paperwork required. But Mike hadn't officially "asked" me. So I was patient. Soon enough, he became very busy with "errands" which I knowingly asked no questions about. I LOVE surprises. Especially Mike's surprises. Waiting for an invite to dinner, or a suggestion to go away for the weekend, imagine my surprise when I walked into the courtroom at work to prepare for what I thought was an emergency hearing to see my mom, sister, friends, Ali, Devin (in a tie!), a bagpipe player and Mike - in a kilt (or as Devin now calls it - a Man Skirt). I promptly started crying. I blubbed through retrieving roses from all my friends and family, Mike's very touching proposal, and the celebratory bagpipe jig after I'd managed to get out "Of course, yes!".


I'm so happy, it's ridiculous. I probably won't be posting until after the holiday, so merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all are able to relax after all the feverish crafting, and enjoy the company and love of your families.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! That is exciting news and I can't believe you have chosen to get married in Edinburgh - it is such a beautiful city (I live 1 hour away) that you will have a beautiful day!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations! scotland? how cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    Merry Christmas to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Sarah!!! That is so exciting! What a fabulous surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a wonderful surprise--congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations Sarah and Mike! how wonderful!!! enjoy the holidays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Congratulations to you and Mike! and Merry Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thrilled for you both! Congratulations. What a beautiful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, congratulations. I am so happy for you both. YIPPEEE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete