Saturday, December 29, 2007

Not just me...


In belated news, my sister is engaged as well! By next May, all the Potter Girls will be married. How are you doing, mom and dad?

Several months ago I went down to my parents' house to celebrate the news. My grandmother brought her wedding dress, which had been her mother's wedding dress before her, and her mother's before that. Being a docent at the local museum and a retired librarian, my grandmother has kept it in excellent condition, including preserving scraps of lace from when my flapper great-grandmother had shortened the dress. She has generously given us the dress to incorporate into yet another wedding, which makes creating Jessica's perfect wedding dress with her, even more special. That's right I'm (with help - thank goodness) going to be making my sister's wedding dress.

My grandma even saved the shoes both she and my mom wore at their weddings, but I don't think they'll make it through another event. It's just awesome to see them. They still have my grandma's maiden name written on the box.

2 comments:

  1. Your gonna make me go get my wedding dress out. I want to turn it into a nice party dress I can wear out on my anniversary. It's ivory, so I think it will pair well with a nice cashmere cardigan if it gets a little cool on a Sept. evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will your new last name be?

    ReplyDelete