Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tidy bobbins

I don't know about you, but my bobbins are unruly. Sifting through my handy-dandy pegboard drawer is perilous sometimes. But no more! After reading a tip in Threads, and a trip to the hardware store, my bobbins went from this...

to this!

I used 3/16" vinyl tubing (but if I were to do it again I would get bigger tubing, the 3/16" tubing only went a bit more than halfway around), cut it in approximately 1/4" rounds, opened them up with an exacto knife and wrapped them around the loose end of the bobbin thread.

5 comments:

  1. That is a clever idea! Bobbins drive me nuts! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea! thanks for sharing. I knew there had to be some solution out there for this dreaded problem. now I know, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this works better than the pink ones you can buy. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete