Tuesday, November 27, 2007

New pets!

Ali and Devin have been wanting pets at our house for some time, and we decided to get a pair of geckos for Ali's birthday (since they both got bikes for Devin's birthday). Lucky for us, we stumbled upon a gecko breeder who is local and totally knowledgeable (she even co-wrote a book about leopard geckos - the kind we ended up with). So, without further ado, let me introduce you to...

French Onion...

and...

Larry.

Both girls. They're nocturnal, so I had a hard time getting a picture of them that showed their cool markings. French Onion (Ali's) is lavender and yellow striped with black dots, and Larry (Devin's - and whose full name is Larry Rich Buttock) is mostly yellow-orangey with black dots. Mike and I have been having as much fun with them as the kids, and I even missed them while we were away for Thanksgiving. I've gotten them to eat wax worms off my finger, which are apparently like junk food for geckos, and they seem to be acclimating themselves to their new surroundings with ease. I can't wait to hold them!

I swear... they're for the kids...

4 comments:

  1. They are cute - I am sure that they will be interesting pets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so absolutely cool! And, if it's any consolation, I'll be happy to share my pickle with you anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute as a button. Kismet would love to meet both of your new kritters.

    LU:JCP

    ReplyDelete