Thursday, October 18, 2007

Greener laundry

So I want to save the planet just like everyone else, so when I read Eren's post about Mugwort Maggie's natural laundry soap I was intrigued. I read about the soap on Mugwort Maggie's site and found out that it doesn't have all the crazy chemicals that regular soap has, it takes a lot less, it comes in lots of cool different scents, and it was $2 a sample (now $1.75!). I thought I'd give it a try. A load of laundry only took about a tablespoon and it smelled great while it was washing. I even left the door to our laundry closet open while it was washing, putting up with the crazy amount of noise our Craigslist-$50-washer makes so that I could enjoy the Tea Tree and Eucalyptus scent. Unfortunately, after a spin in the dryer (with a chemical-ridden dryer sheet), the scent didn't stick. So when I read about Nellie's Dryer Balls on Not Martha's site, I thought, a-ha! Doubly better for the environment, and I get good smelling clothes! You can read here for an in depth review, but basically, surprisingly, they work. So not only am I probably saving the planet single-handedly with my eco-friendly laundry choices, I have clothes that smell like Eucalyptus, Fresh Cut Grass or even Dragon Blood if I want, and I don't have to buy dryer sheets ever again!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this--thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use eucalyptus scented stuffs too.. I also burn eucalyptus oil in winter.. tea tree oil is good for getting rid of critters in kids hair (I mix it with conditioner and comb it out).... only problem with eucalyptus is you have to watch out for rogue Koala's.. probably not a problem in the US, but can be here in Australia *W*


    Lissa

    ReplyDelete