Saturday, October 20, 2007

Good day

My mom came into town today, and we all had a great time. She got here in time to watch Devin's soccer game, which was a blast, and then we headed to the bead store (which has recently doubled in size and is now open on Sundays, for all you locals). While there we popped into Knitter's Playground which is unfortunately closing up shop on October 27. And just when I caught the knitting bug! I went there to get a cable needle or double pointed needles for a project I'm working on, but I'm still getting the hang of knitting jargon, so I came home with 6mm (US 10) DPNs for my 12mm (US ?) knitting needles. I'm no expert, but I think half the size is too much of a difference... Ah well, I think I saw that JoAnn's is having a sale on knitting gear. And then I can check out the new knitting store that Rebecca at Knitter's Playground mentioned opened up on Main Street in Woodland...

Anyway, my mom had the address of a wholesale/retail bead place called Bead Babe that she wanted to check out. It ended up being in what looked like a storage space in a random part of North Highlands, but it was totally worth the drive. They had lots and lots of beads, and for a $25 membership fee, everything you buy for the next 12 months is half off. So between the two bead stores, I ended up with a bounty of beads and even some buttons.
Yay nighttime photography! And yay my laziness for not taking the beads out of their baggies. But, rest assured, they are all quite cool. Ok, you get one bead out of the bag...


After all that shopping, we decided to do some more shopping. My mom had never been to Ikea, so off we went, to bravely peruse cheap European design, and ogle the masses of neatly organized shopping carts.

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh, the good old days of driving to to Woodland to go to JoAnns! Do you go the back way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnn's is having a mega sale. Their flyer has a 50% off coupon...I bought some wool felt today with the coupon...and of course some other bits and bobs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bead Babe sounds like a goddess to me!!! Looks like you got some great ones. And that is one fantastic shot of the shopping carts.

    ReplyDelete