Thursday, August 23, 2007

P is for...

Paris! Mike and I are going to Paris and London in February!! I can't wait!!! I've never been to Paris and Mike has never been to Europe, so when we came across a fantastic deal that we just couldn't pass up, we jumped on it. It's going to be a bit of a whirlwind trip (3 days in each city) which is plenty of time, the way Mike travels.

At my mom's suggestion, P is also for the painting of Polly the pretty pussycat playing in the paper bag, painted by my dad. Whew... that's a lot of P's...

Polly used to be my cat until we moved into an apartment that didn't allow cats, so my mom whole-heartedly adopted her. She's named Polly because when she was a kitten she would perch on my shoulder. The first day I brought her home from the SPCA, she spent the whole day up there, all through my mom's summer party. She's now grown into a very independent kitty, and wouldn't be caught dead on someone's shoulder. That is SO uncool. Luckily my mom has Kismet, who is the cuddliest kitten I've ever met.

And I guess P is also for P dot, which is my preschool nickname. There were a couple other Sarahs in the class, so we all went by our first name and last initial. Sarah M. Sarah F. Sarah P.

5 comments:

  1. WOW! That painting is AMAZING! I seriously thought it was a photo at first glance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Sarah on your upcoming trip! How awesome!!! And I have to agree with Roxanne... your Dad's painting is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful kitty!!!!

    Bet she is a sweet as honey:)

    LU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JcP

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to absolutely adore Paris!! Remind me nearer the time to let you know some great button, ribbon and inspiration stores!! I am off there in 2 weeks! I have been about 9 times and it is truly my favourite city!!! I have both of those pop up maps too (I love those pop up maps) as well as San Fransisco, New York, Stockholm, Florence and Copenhagen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to London and Paris last year and have the most wonderful memories. Enjoy. There is so much to see and you will fall in love with those places.

    ReplyDelete