Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Recent Yard Sale finds

I have had enormously good luck at yard sales recently. There have been several "cleaning out Grandma's house" yard sales which are my favs and always makes Mike laugh because he thinks I'm an 80 year old woman trapped in a 26 year old body. What he doesn't know is that old patterns and crocheting are COOL now. So there.

I found lots of fabric...

Awesome mushroom fabric, patterns and a big bag of crochet thread for $1...


I think I actually gasped when I found this bag. It's vintage bark cloth, and so big it shall now be my Mary Poppins bag.

And these accordions (there are two) that you saw in this post. They were $2 each (!) and Ali and Devin love them.

I also got a large box full of beads, felt, feathers and randomness including little boxes not looked at in years filled with trinkets that once meant something to someone. Treasures galore!

6 comments:

  1. i'm freaking out in envy over here. that is SOME incredible luck you have....i'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more reason to move back to Davis! Great Finds! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that is some amazing fabric! loving those little apples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great finds! Love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have some of that apple fabric in the second row of the top photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be still my beating heart! I love that bark cloth bag!

    ReplyDelete