Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Parenting"


Thanks for all your sweet comments! And thanks for the "parenting" compliments. Sometimes I worry that I'm not doing a good job being a pseudo-step-mom to Ali and Devin. I started dating Mike when they were 3 and 6 (oh my gosh has it been 4 years??), and I was NOT a kid person. In fact, I had sworn to my friends that I would NEVER have kids. But in their karmic way, Ali and Devin melted away all my bad kid feelings pretty much instantly (the first time I met them, they sprinted to the door to greet me and then didn't stop talking or showing me things for the rest of the evening), and now I love hanging out with them - and am entertaining the idea of more kids in our lives. Someday. It's still hard though, because they're only with us half the time, and sometimes transitions from one household to another are difficult. But, it's definitely worth it. It's like a really good book, I can't wait to see how it turns out! And I get to help write the book as I'm reading it. Well, that's a pretty lame metaphor, but hopefully you get the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Ali and Devin are 2 very lucky kids!! I love the camping notebooks you made for them.

    ReplyDelete