Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ok, now I'm done...

Is it just me, or does "done" never really mean done? As soon as I get over the stress of finishing a large project, I start thinking, "Oh! Wouldn't it be nice if I did this, or this!", and then I'm off again on a bunch of little add ons. I've got to say, I am pretty pleased with this little addition though.

I think it's pretty save to say that someone with a 5-day-old baby isn't online reading blogs, but just in case... Halley, don't look!





I couldn't send off a package without something fun for mom...





This was my first try at embroidery, and I love it! For this tote, I (ahem, Mike) found a sheriff's star online, copied it into Word, and put in Marshall's name. Then I took the fabric and taped it onto the computer monitor and drew the design with a water erasable pen. The light from the monitor worked better than the little Barbie lightbox that I've been borrowing from Ali.

I just got some patterns from Sublime Stitching (this and this and this and this) and have been playing around with those as well. I can't wait to show you what I've been working on, but we're in major camp-prep-mode at the moment. We're off on our annual camping trip on Thursday, this time to Lassen, and have a lot of packing to do! When we come back I'll show you pics of what Mike made with big planks of wood and a miter saw, all on our dining room table (I promise, Mom!).

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. wow aren't you clever! The tote came out terrific :)

    Enjoy your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome little tote!

    ReplyDelete