Monday, July 16, 2007

Embroidery Bug

I've been bitten for sure. I love embroidering! It's ridiculously quick and there are so many very cool ideas out there. Here's the camping notebooks I made for Ali and Devin before our trip...


I used my pattern for the memo books, altered them a bit to add more writing utensils to the mix, and covered buttons with the japanese fabric I used for the inside pockets. The denim is from recycled jeans and the embroidery is Camp Out on an Ikea sheet I got at the thrift store.

17 comments:

  1. Perfect! They are simply perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so sweet! You must be the coolest parent ever for these kids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last comment was me - this is what happens when you have more than one google account and it is early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever are you?
    These are just fabulous!
    And I agree, you're a creative + terrific parent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief. You are so cute. Also, Vallen says we look like sisters. We should adopt one another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those embroidery patterns! The notebooks are such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! You do such good work with your crafts.

    LU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JCP

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my... these are possibly the sweetest things I have ever seen. The images that you embroidered are just perfect, and the idea of a camping notebook is too cute. I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute... as always. Clever girl!
    What lucky kiddos you have..

    And a mighy fine woodworkin' husband as well?
    Fabuloso!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OhMyGosh! Those are adorable! Didn't the kids just love them??? How clever are you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. for gosh sakes lady
    these are too fab!
    is there anything you cant do!!

    ReplyDelete