Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Cowboy Quilt


I got the quilt sandwich together last night for the baby quilt and hand tied and stitched around the edge using what I hope looks to be rope colored pearl cotton. The backing is red minky, and I don't think I'll use minky again. It's a knit fabric, so it pulls and shifts quite a bit more than I'd like in a quilt. It was especially difficult since the largest floor space in my apartment is pretty much exactly the size of this quilt, so I had to actually sit on the quilt while I pinned it. It all turned out fine though. All I have left is to put the binding on. On to the crib bumper!

6 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous, and knowing what you had to go through due to your space limitations (boy, do I know about those), it's all the more impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chick, I leave you alone for a few days and you double the number of beautiful things in the world. Busy little bee!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little quilt is adorable! I've always wondered about quilting with Minkee -- I see so many others use it in baby blankets. Your quilt may stretch, but I'll bet it's really soft! Love the red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cowboy quilt is fabulous! nice job on it....and don't you just hate to sandwich a quilt- especially in limited space? you did a very nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I used the same cowboy fabric on my first baby quilt that I made last year.

    http://www.sallad.net/blog/2006/05/24/cowpoke-quilt/

    ReplyDelete