Monday, July 16, 2007

Camping


We had such a great time camping in Lassen Volcanic National Park. I've been told it's the least visited national park, and that's a shame. It is a bit of a drive but it was beautiful, almost other-worldly. We stayed at the Summit Lake South campground, which was centrally located within the park and an easy distance from several of the most interesting sights, including the Boiling Lake and Sulphur Works. We went fishing (the first time for me) both at Summit Lake and Manzanita Lake, but none of us caught anything.


We ate our weight in s'mores every evening, as well as played with lightsticks and the manual features on the camera.

This was our first camping trip away from the ocean which is usually chosen for it's cool reprieve from the valley heat in July, so I was glad for the chilly mornings and evenings.



And we held our Second Annual Origami Boat Regatta with genuine Alicen-made boats. It was a close race and came down to a photo-finish.

The Mike's orange boat beat Matt's light blue boat by a nose. You can see Ali's purple boat coming in third at the top.

And it was a quiet trip home.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you lucky girl. I LOVE camping. And s'mores. I'm Very Big Sighing. Awesome P. picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are great, and you know that this post is right up my alley. How I love the national parks! I'll have to hit this one now. Looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete