Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Long time, no see

I'm waiting for my rainbow-after-the-storm surge of craftiness a la string*THEORY, even though there hasn't been a storm around here, just a general laziness on my part. I guess a light drizzle rather than a full-on downpour.

In my defense, we had a very busy weekend. We all (Mike, the kids and some of our friends) went to my parents' annual spring party. Good food, good conversation, and learning how to play a new card game called Pounce which was tons of fun. I don't think I've said the word Bugger that many times in one sitting in years. Possibly ever. I also came home with a box full of nearly business card-sized magnets for crafting and an Amish Friendship Bread starter. Thanks Terry and Mom!


When we got home on Sunday afternoon, we had time for a quick nap then it was off to Devin's end of the year T-Ball party. Again, good food was had, the kids got to swim and then trophies were handed out. There was also a trough-sized banana split that made the kids go crazy.





Mike did manage to get crafty with our party contribution: rice crispy treat baseballs with red licorice laces. Unfortunately, we have no pictures to prove it, but if you'll take my word for it, they turned out great.

Something else we've been working on is making our apartment less cluttered. I recently reorganized my closet to accommodate my growing stash of fabric, and now we're getting rid of books. We were just going to cart them off to our local thrift store, but Mike checked out amazon and found out that some of them are actually worth something (including some of his science-nerd books), and so we decided to list some of them. We've shockingly sold some, including one that I bought used for $5 and sold for $80! Who knew?!

Also, in closing for this very random post, I'm very excited to have found a new blog, Pink Lemonade Boutique. Wow, her bags are wonderful, and may kick some much needed motivation into me.

3 comments:

  1. I just found that blog too, via sew mama sew. Isn't her stuff amazing? So much inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the baseball treats with licorice laces. Off to check out the blog - love new links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is a great blog!!! thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete