Thursday, May 3, 2007

Thrift Store Finds

I made a trip to my favorite thrift store on a vintage sheet run, and I came home with a trash bag chock full of goodies.

I got sheets, including one that my mom will recognize. The one on the far left is the same fabric as a table cloth that came out for every spring-time brunch. It's funny, it always made me think of daffodils, probably because we would always have a vase of daffodils on the table that time of year, but now that I really look at it, they're tulips.




I found a ton of pillowcases that I'm going to use on some Handmade Parade goodies...

A couple pillowcases that have larger prints that I'll use... somehow...

And check out the signature at the corner of this one... how cute!

I also got a shirt that I was going to cut up for fabric, but I tried it on when I got home, and I actually like it.

I'm off back to work on those pillowcase goodies!

7 comments:

  1. I am loving vintage sheets these days myself! Can't wait to see what you create with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great finds!

    I bought a thrifted sheet set a few weeks ago because it was one I had in my childhood. It was fun to show it to my sister and she her reaction which was very similar to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you hit the pillowcase jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I have to raid my mom's linen closet before she throws some treasures away. I found a wonderful old vintage tablecloth in the garbage once and yes I picked it out and scolded her! I hope to see what you make of your beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds! I have a bunch of vintage children's sheets. What do you make with yours? They are so lightweight and see thru but I was thinking of adding a lining and making dresses for little girls since the prints are very girly (dolls, butterflies, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look like great finds. I'm planning a day trip to Davis, can you reccommend any fabric stores?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serious score! Looking forward to seeing what becomes of them...

    ReplyDelete