Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Fabric Swap

My swap partners have received their packages, so it's safe to show you what I sent them. After cutting some bits of fabric from my Hancocks haul, I followed Carrie's tutorial and made them each a tote. I changed the directions a bit, I put the handle on one side so that it would go through the loop easier, but the instructions were very clear and easy to follow.



I also made some puzzle piece magnets with an image of the entire puzzle in the tin. I tried to have at least a part of a face or body part in each piece, but I also made a set of pieces with images of the textiles. Devin made a set of connecting pieces that turned out great.

10 comments:

  1. what a clever design for a tote! They came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool tote! Love the fabric combo you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bag is great and what a clever closure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that little tote! so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tote is SO fabulous! I have a purse I bought in Seattle that has the same type of closure on a much bigger scale...I'll have to see if I can find it so I can send you a picture. I'm sure you'll love it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how gorgeous you are sooo clever.
    Kra
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these totes - they'd make perfect lunch bags. The lining is wonderful. Great swap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. guess who won a flower brooch ... you did !! kitty picked your name out.... congratulations Sarah!!
    Sara x

    ReplyDelete