Friday, May 18, 2007

7 Things About Me

My First Aid Kit swap partner Laura tagged me the other day, and here's what I've come up with...

1. I've been told that I sometimes click my teeth together when I finish a statement. Kind of like a period, I guess. I have never once noticed that I do it.

2. My least favorite nickname in elementary school was Puff the Magic Sarah, given to me because of my big curly fro by my nemesis Andy Macaron (aka Andy Macaroni and Cheese).

3. I love Jane Austin miniseries. I lived in England for a year in college and loved it, and when I'm missing it I pop in Pride and Prejudice. Oh, Mr. Darcy...

4. My boyfriend Mike once surprised me by installing a ceiling fan in my bedroom, and then further surprising me when I turned it on and rose petals showered down on me. My sister was working at a hotel at the time, and that's something they now do for couples who stay there.

5. Both my parents are very creative. My dad is an artist and my mom makes jewelry (but I guess you already knew that ). I'm going to help set my mom up with an etsy shop very soon. I have a mini exhibition of my dad's art all around our apartment, mostly abstracts. He's been doing a lot of portraits lately, and last year he did one of me that is scarily accurate.

6. I forgot how to ride a bike. I know, that's the one thing you're not supposed to ever forget, but I have. I think part of it is my fear of falling as well, because it's going to be a lot further distance to fall than it was when I first learned.

7. I'm a furious tangential cleaner. I start cleaning the bathroom and I find a sock so I go put it by the washing machine, where I see the iron sitting where I left it to cool off before putting it back in the cupboard, so I take the iron to the cupboard where I see the sheets and towels in disarray, which reminds me that I need to change the sheets on the bed so I go do that, where I see... and it goes on and on, you get the picture. I seem to be incapable of completing one task before picking up another. But I do it rapidly, with fervor.

I'll tag MaryAnn, Sara, Amandajean, Amy, Kelli, Allyson and Wendy.

6 comments:

  1. I never had a name for my cleaning style before -- but now I do! Love it! Seven random things about me (I posted a dozen not too long ago on my site, so here I go:)

    1. I rarely go a day without starting my morning without a bagel and cup of coffee. I am a pathetic sucker for routine.

    2. My brother is one of my best friends and it kills me he lives so far away. I worry about him/wish I could see him every.single.day.

    3. I worry that I won't ever have children. I know it is silly, but it is kind of my biggest fear.

    4. I love spicy food, but it always makes me sick to my stomach. You'd think I'd learn, but this happens at least twice a week.

    5. I avoid conflict at all costs. I am a terrible fighter and hate it when those around me are arguing.

    6. I think I'm secretly a Republican who just hates Bush.

    7. I want to be in national politics one day.


    thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the cleaning thing. it drives my husband absolutely nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah that is the best explanation of that cleaning style I have ever heard! If I don't watch myself...I am also that way. Trying hard to just keep to the basics so I have more time to make bears LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! Thanks (I think?) for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, I clean the same way. Love your dad's work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not generally that kind of cleaner, (thanks for the appellation BTW) but I found myself doing just that this weekend. It is alful in the process but I expect the outcome to be totally worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete