I also made some puzzle piece magnets with an image of the entire puzzle in the tin. I tried to have at least a part of a face or body part in each piece, but I also made a set of pieces with images of the textiles. Devin made a set of connecting pieces that turned out great.
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Friday, May 25, 2007
Lovely MaryAnn from a very mary design and I had a mini swap, some of her random ephemera for some of my random fabric and other bits. Here are some pics of the wonderfulness she sent me...
That same day I also received my Small Object t-shirt and a bookmark from Carolyn of Laughing Duck.
Today I received the first of my Fabric Swap #3 packages. Anna of Thimbleanna sent me this great package.
She (obviously) went with a pirate theme, with fabulous lime green rick rack and a sewn border card of buttons amongst all the goodies you see above. I know Ali and Devin will enjoy the "Arrrgh!" pencil sharpeners. Thank you Anna!
Well we have a pretty full three-day weekend ahead. We have a kayaking-bbq-poker birthday party, a university graduation, and a trip to San Francisco (including Daiso and Kinokuniya Bookstore!). And then a cupcake swap to finish putting together for my partner Sara on Monday.
I hope you all have a great weekend!
Monday, May 21, 2007
Friday, May 18, 2007
1. I've been told that I sometimes click my teeth together when I finish a statement. Kind of like a period, I guess. I have never once noticed that I do it.
2. My least favorite nickname in elementary school was Puff the Magic Sarah, given to me because of my big curly fro by my nemesis Andy Macaron (aka Andy Macaroni and Cheese).
3. I love Jane Austin miniseries. I lived in England for a year in college and loved it, and when I'm missing it I pop in Pride and Prejudice. Oh, Mr. Darcy...
4. My boyfriend Mike once surprised me by installing a ceiling fan in my bedroom, and then further surprising me when I turned it on and rose petals showered down on me. My sister was working at a hotel at the time, and that's something they now do for couples who stay there.
5. Both my parents are very creative. My dad is an artist and my mom makes jewelry (but I guess you already knew that ). I'm going to help set my mom up with an etsy shop very soon. I have a mini exhibition of my dad's art all around our apartment, mostly abstracts. He's been doing a lot of portraits lately, and last year he did one of me that is scarily accurate.
6. I forgot how to ride a bike. I know, that's the one thing you're not supposed to ever forget, but I have. I think part of it is my fear of falling as well, because it's going to be a lot further distance to fall than it was when I first learned.
7. I'm a furious tangential cleaner. I start cleaning the bathroom and I find a sock so I go put it by the washing machine, where I see the iron sitting where I left it to cool off before putting it back in the cupboard, so I take the iron to the cupboard where I see the sheets and towels in disarray, which reminds me that I need to change the sheets on the bed so I go do that, where I see... and it goes on and on, you get the picture. I seem to be incapable of completing one task before picking up another. But I do it rapidly, with fervor.
I'll tag MaryAnn, Sara, Amandajean, Amy, Kelli, Allyson and Wendy.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
All fabric was 1/2 off...
So was ribbon...
And zippers were 70% off!
Ok, so I may have gone a little crazy, but when else are you going to find zippers for $0.50??
I believe the woman cutting my fabric said that they were closing the doors on June 16th (or thereabouts), so you local crafters go check it out before it's over!
Monday, May 14, 2007
I got these super-quick from Nuno Plus, all the way from Japan! I found out about it from Mr. Monkeysuit who has a Definitive List of online fabric resources. I can't wait for my other order!
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Friday, May 11, 2007
I hear she likes pink. I hope she likes it.
Remember these? Well I found the treasure trove that produced them. No wonder my scrap bag is always empty...
And this had us in a fit of giggles for, like forever. I'm sure it's a case of "you had to be there", but it still makes me smile.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
The paper in the background is from a Sulu-Design package. The contents of that package are on there too.
I have another sheet of her wrapping paper, so when I need more room I can make another. Or use the paper I get from the future order that would necessitate more earring room.
Wednesday, May 9, 2007
In the mail I also received my order of "For You" gift tags from a very mary design which I came across in this post. She not only sent me a bunch of those lovely tags, but a bunch of random ephemera tags which are awesome! I almost don't want to use them, except I want to show them off. What to do, what to do... Thank you so much MaryAnn! I love them!
Monday, May 7, 2007
And where my profit went...
Hilarious card, bracelet and pack of crafty coupons from Jenn of Rosebud Design (thanks for the pic of my memo books on your site!).
Wonderful trinkets from Vallen of Queenly Things.
Lil' Cowpoke pin from Shonda of Ignition, and yummy mimosa lip balm that somehow didn't make it into the picture. Probably because it's already at the bottom of my purse.
My purchases from Claire and Missy who shared a table.
Buttons from the wonderfully cheerful Christina (thanks Amy!) as well as some magnets. Apparently she doesn't have an online shop yet, but someone let me know if she starts one, her buttons were awesome!
Super cute and green owl earrings from Amy of Peptogirl.
And something to use at my next craft fair: an obi utility belt from Bethany of Bitter Betty!
I also got something from Melissa of Holiday Queen, but I can't show it off quite yet...
Thank you so much Claire and Missy for organizing such a wonderful show! I can't believe how lucky I am to have had Handmade Parade as my introduction to the world of craft shows. And to have gotten the opportunity to meet such lovely women.
Sunday, May 6, 2007
Thursday, May 3, 2007
I got sheets, including one that my mom will recognize. The one on the far left is the same fabric as a table cloth that came out for every spring-time brunch. It's funny, it always made me think of daffodils, probably because we would always have a vase of daffodils on the table that time of year, but now that I really look at it, they're tulips.
I found a ton of pillowcases that I'm going to use on some Handmade Parade goodies...
A couple pillowcases that have larger prints that I'll use... somehow...
And check out the signature at the corner of this one... how cute!
I also got a shirt that I was going to cut up for fabric, but I tried it on when I got home, and I actually like it.
I'm off back to work on those pillowcase goodies!