Monday, April 2, 2007

Obi Headbands





I sewed up a couple prototypes for the headband of my dreams. I'm calling them Obi Headbands because the idea came from the geisha-belt-ribbon-ties on my pencil rolls. They're basically a double sided fabric headband with ribbon attached to the ends that wrap around your head, over the fabric band, and then tie at the nape of your neck. This makes them reversible and wearable for many different head sizes. I'm very happy with the way they turned out, and will be making up a stack for the Handmade Parade and my etsy shop.

7 comments:

  1. What a great idea, to have the ribbon wrap around your head before tying. they look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CUTE! I told Claire today I'll probably spend more than I make at Handmade Parade! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be at HP too, so I hope you make some pink ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peptogirl - Went to Meissner's for lunch yesterday, and I'm so on the pink ones! ;o)

    And I know what you mean Missy! Looks like there's going to be so much good stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Sarah... great idea, they look fabulous! I've been meaning to ask.... how in the WORLD do you find time to do ALL that you do??????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love them! Great colors and fabrics. They're adorable.

    ReplyDelete