Sunday, March 4, 2007

Skirt from Capri pants


The skirt for my mom is done! I decided to go with the circles, but with a little different layout. I had a pretty hard time getting the pattern pieces for the skirt to fit onto the pieces of linen I had, but eventually I got it to work. I used this method for my circles with varied success. I figured out that the less foil you use, the smoother your circle. But I figured that out after I had finished a couple circles. I think they look ok, and will look fine when my mom's wearing it. I will definitely use this method again, but now I know how to tweak it to make it look a little smoother. Maybe next time I'll use a decorative stitch to attach them instead of a straight stitch.
Now all I have to do it wrap it, and I'm done!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD THAT TURNED OUT SO SO GOOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Now that it's done I'm bummed that I didn't take a "before" pic.

    ReplyDelete