Mike got out the power tools and sharp implements, and I manned the camera.
Mike first drilled a hole in the middle of the book where the clock hands would go. Poor Little John...
Then he cut out a square in the back of the book for the clock motor to sit into. After that we realized that the book was too thick for the clock parts we had, so he then had to cut a square in all of the pages of the book so that everything would sit flush. Boy did it feel wrong to cut up a book like that.
For stability we glued each page together with good ol' elmers, hot glued the clock motor in place, and "clamped" it down to dry.
We decided (mostly because we didn't have them) against putting the numbers on our new clock, so we put the hands on and that was it.