Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Not much merriment

Well, instead of wine and merriment this past weekend, I caught a stomach flu and spent most of the weekend in bed with Pepto-Bismol and yuckiness. I did manage to have a good time though. We didn't make it to Mercer Caverns, but I was feeling well enough on Sunday to go on a little hike to see the Natural Bridges, which was pretty impressive. Unfortunately the photos we got of it don't really do it justice.

But this is supposed to be a craft blog, right? So here are some pics of what I was working on last week.


This is the reversible skirt I made. It worked ok for the weekend, but I'm going to take it apart and make it into two skirts. The white skirt is twill, so it got too bunchy with the elastic, which at 1", is too wide. The twill has quite a bit of stretch, so I'm going to trim it down, put in a zipper and make it a more fitted skirt. The pink skirt is plain old cotton, so it will work fine as an elastic waist skirt, but just with thinner elastic, maybe 1/2".

And this is the sweater I stained, now turned into a cardigan. Mike thinks the ribbon should go all the way around the neckline, and I tend to agree with him. My original thought was that it would end more square at the top, but it ended up curving into the neckline, so I'm going to continue the ribbon all the way around. I'm also thinking of adding some kind of single closure to the part that meets in the front. Maybe a simple hook and eye, maybe a frog closure.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry you didn't feel well for your well planned weekend :(

    What a great idea for fixing a stained sweater! I never would have thought of that! And a reversible skirt? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete