Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mmm... cupcakes...

I've been drooling over some lovely cupcakes out there in blogland for a while now. It started with Sally at Shim + Sons and her lovely photos of the dreamy cupcakes from Sprinkles (Ooo... there's one "coming soon" to San Francisco/Bay Area! I'll have to swing by there on a future Daiso trip). I absolutely love the water teddies Myra from My Little Mochi made (and I can't wait to receive her wonderful lei which I WON! Yay!). I'm not vegan, but the description of the "not squidgey" vegan cupcakes Gliddergoods got from Saint Cupcake on her recent trip to Portland (why, or why don't I live in Portland??) has me sold. The cupcakes in this fabric look pretty yummy too. Then the fairy cakes stacked with lovely homemade buttercream frosting at Unwind were calling my name, and finally today I came across the scent of water's chocolate overload cupcakes. Maybe to be washed down with Rich & Thick Hot Chocolate? Overload indeed.

Did you know there was an entire blog dedicated just to cupcakes? Tons of recipes with names like Chocolate Cupcakes with Chestnut-Fromage Blanc Frosting and Madeira Wine Glaze, Late Summer Peach, Blueberry, and Thyme Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Himalayan Goji Berry Chocolate Cupcakes Topped with Chocolate Ganache and Himalayan Pink Salt and Green Tea Bubble Cream Filled Cupcakes with Green Tea Cream Cheese Frosting. All with deliciously wonderful photos to match.

So with all these tasty temptations, I must bake. But which one to start with??

And speaking of tasty goodies, check out the Chocolate Box Quilt at Yarnstorm.

No comments:

Post a Comment