Friday, March 2, 2007

Here we go...

Well, I guess I've got to start somewhere. I have been so inspired by so many of the fantastic crafty blogs out there, that I thought I'd throw my name in the mix.

Hmm... what shall I say about myself... I've been sewing since I was 8 years old, having started in 4-H and then taking it upon myself to keep on sewing off and on since then. I recently took a sewing class at a local community college which inspired me to sew again.

And then I got introduced (don't remember how) to blog-land, and wow, SO... MANY... PROJECTS... sewing, knitting, crocheting, and so many other things I'm dying to try! Needless to say, my brain is almost bursting at the seams. There are so many ridiculously creative people out there, I just hope to keep up.

So, without further ado, here's my first contribution. My boyfriend and I made a wallet for him out of a Louis L'Amour book. I already have a wallet, but I only have a boring blue plastic WaMu checkbook holder, so... voila! Romance novel checkbook holder!

So, this is my first attempt, and the ribbon edging needs some serious work, but other than that I'm happy with it. I took the cheesiest pages from the book and used them for the inside pockets, the bottom one to hold the checkbook, and the top one to eventually hold a pad of paper. Which I need to make. Check out the inside pics below.

So, that's all for now. More later I'm sure. There's too many ideas in my head not to want to share.

1 comment: