Saturday, March 31, 2007

Happy Bunsen Burner Day!

Ok, so this post has nothing to do with bunsen burners, I just saw that today was Bunsen Burner Day, and it made me smile. (Mike did make a 6' tall bunsen burner that "burned" tissue paper fire for an event at work, but I can't seem to locate a picture.)

What this post is really about is the prep I've been doing this weekend for the Handmade Parade craft fair in May. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, being that I had basically nothing made, no online shop to sell stuff from, and other looming deadlines (breast cancer quilt, baby quilt). So, I've been busy busy today. I'm making a bunch of wrist bands, or as I like to call them, She-Ra bands. (You know, thinking about it, I don't think She-Ra actually did that, Mike informs me that I'm probably confusing her with Wonder Woman, but I've always called them She-Ra bands, so I'm sticking with it.)




I also made another book wallet, and added a pocket for cash. It needs a couple more alterations, and then I can make up a bunch of those as well.


I've set up an Etsy shop, which is currently empty, but will be putting some things in there to sell soon, so check back.

Thank you all so much for your nice comments! It's so encouraging that people are reading this at all, and that you like what I'm doing is really awesome! Thank you!

5 comments:

  1. What a cool wallet. I love the text on the side. Is that paper or a transferred image? (Very neat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kelly! The wallet front is a book cover cut in half, and the inside pockets are pages from the book, all covered in vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I'll have to check more into vinyl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete